Android Application Development ‘a new wave’ in the mobile market is predicted to be a crowning point in the mobile world. Android Application Development helps you to develop innovative and dynamic applications for mobile users.
Now a days, mobile users want more functions and features in their mobile phones. The mobile developers want to meet the user demands by designing and building powerful mobile applications. Android Application Development is the best suitable option for them as Android is a powerful and instinctive platform to develop mobile applications. It contains a real power to completely change the look and feel, as well as the functions of a mobile device.
Using Android, the developers can create powerful and innovative mobile applications very easily and quickly. Android is a mobile software platform as well as operating system designed on the Linux Kernel. It is open source software, which is developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance.
As it is open source, the developers can do OS level customization at a minimal cost. Android provides support for Java to develop mobile applications. Therefore, the mobile application developers can create third party applications using Java and Android Framework.
Android offers various features to create inventive and modern mobile applications:
- GSM, EDGE, CDMA, Bluetooth, WI-Fi, EV-DO, and UMTS technologies to send and receive data across mobile networks.
- Comprehensive libraries for 2D and 3D graphics.
- A wide range of libraries for image, video, and audio files, which includes MPEG4, H.263, H.264, AMR, AMR-WB, MP3, AAC, JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, WAV, and MIDI formats.
- Features of Video camera, touchscreens, GPS, accelerometer, and magnetometer.
- Interprocess communication (IPC) message passing
- P2P using Google Talk.
- SQLite for data storage
Android includes a SDK that provides a wide range of libraries and tools for Android Application Development. The SDK provides a complete set of tools to design the UI for an application and to develop and debug application code.
The SDK includes multiple versions of Android platform (For example, Android 1.1, and Android 1.5) that you can use for Android Application Development. For each version, the SDK provides a fully compliant Android library and system image.
Android SDK includes some core applications:
- An e-mail client compatible with Gmail
- An SMS program
- A Personal Information Management (PIM) program including a calendar and contact list
- A Google Map Application
- A web browser
- A music player
- A picture viewer
- The Android Marketplace client to download third-party application
- The Amazon MP3 store client to purchase DRM free music
Android Application Development is based on four basic components:
- Activities: A UI component that corresponds to display screens. Each activity displays one screen to the user. When the activity is not running, the operating system can kill it to save memory space.
- Broadcast Receiver: Is a reaction to an event. For example, phone ringing.
- Services: The tasks that run in the background. For example, an MP3 players running in the background while the user has gone to use other application on mobile device.
- Content Provider: Shares data with other activities and services.
Android Application Development is a grooming business among software development companies now a days. The developers have leveraging skills and expertise in Android Application Development. It has opened up new path for the incredible growth of Outsourcing Android services and expertise. The companies involved in business of Outsourcing Android services and expertise are providing cost-effective and feature-rich solutions to its client.