1. Use inexpensive ear plugs to replace a busted earbud.
2. Keep your charger from breaking so easily with a spring from a pen.
THIS IS THE ACTUAL BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. I HAVE LOST TOO MANY GOOD CHARGERS THIS WAY.
3. Take selfies using your earbuds!
It’s witchcraft, but it works as long as they’re the kind of earbuds that have a volume +/- button on the cord.
1. Aim the camera with the earbuds plugged in to the phone.
2. Press the volume + button. It’ll minimize selfie-arm (that horrid condition) and make you feel kind of like a middle school photographer, which is always a plus.
4. Turns out anything can become a smartphone stand, like a cassette case.
You know, because you have so many of them lying around.
7. Back to stands: You can use a wallet.
8. A hairclip.
11. Or use Legos.
12. Suspend your tablet over your bed with coat hangers.
Bunk bed semi-necessary.
13. Everyone’s heard of the toilet-paper-roll-iPhone-speaker, but adding Solo cups can really amplify the sound.
Plus it looks so effing sweet.
19. If you don’t need your GPS anymore*, use the stand to hold your sunglasses.
*Either because your smartphone has rendered it redundant, or because you’re just so geographically savvy you don’t need directions from a tinny Australian dude.
24. Use a binder clip to keep your earbuds neat at your desk.
25. Or, if you have a MacBook, stick them to the screen.
EVEN MORE WITCHCRAFT.
28. And if the stress of your plugged-in, modern life gets to be too much, crack open a cold one and call it a day.